The objectives of this SOW are to provide Information Management architecture recommendations and deliverables in relation to best practices and provide IM knowledge transfer to Council staff for the rollout of an EDRMS based on SharePoint Online at the Canada Council for the Arts.
The following duties and tasks will be required of the IM data architect:
- Develop and document a data migration process based on documents and meta data currently stored in multiple systems.
- Identify duplicate data, or data that has passed retention to ensure that not ROT is being transferred to the new SharePoint Online environment.
- Define which metadata will be carried over as part of the migration.
- Ensure that there is a plan in place for deltas that may occur during migration as the documents will be in a live environment.
- Track all documents and migration paths to the IM team to ensure that there are records of what is being moved to the new SharePoint Online environment and what is being left behind
IM Knowledge Transfer
- Provide coaching and guidance to the Council’s IM team.
- Configure a SharePoint corporate framework that supports the information architecture.
- Configure site collection(s), search, enterprise metadata (term store), content types and sites according to industry best practices.
- Define the implementation plan including activities, estimates and delivery dates.
- 8 years of data migration experience from repositories to an EDRMS such as SharePoint
- Experience working with data in a Crown Corporate setting.
- 5–7 years’ experience in an Information Management Architect role
- 5 years experience migrating using ShareGate, Excel, Active Navigation and SharePoint Online
- Excellent knowledge of Information Architecture, concepts and methodologies related to SharePoint Online
- Be able to migrate large volumes of information from one system to another, and maintain accuracy and integrity of data
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Undergraduate degree in Information Management Systems or equivalent